"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

A New Hearth

Before Spring arrived and the days were colder, we decided to attack some indoor projects.  One of those projects was to refinish the floors.  Before we could do the floors, hubby really wanted to get rid of the tile hearth.  I was in full agreement.  I wanted brick like you find in the homes of Williamsburg, but the then the bricks would have clashed with the 1940s bricks we have. 
We live in Pennsylvania so.....
We chose Pennsylvania flagstone with the rough cut edge.
It definitely makes the fireplace look like it fits.
Will post the adventure of refinishing our floors soon.
It was not a process without a huge hiccup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.