"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Our Bustling Christmas

I have not had a chance to share any photos from my home while it was decorated for Christmas.  This Christmas we traveled to NC to visit family.  I was so excited to see my new niece.  We left our home early on the 23rd of December.  We chose not to open presents with the kiddos until after we got back from our trip.  Truth was, I had not bought anything for them before our trip.  This had to be the worse year for me being ready for Christmas.
On Christmas Eve we visited Biltmore House.  It was such a beautiful sunny day, but it was freezing.  When we left PA it was in the 60's and 70's.  For some reason I was not thinking it would be colder down south, but it was!  When we finished our tour of the house, we walked out into a wonderful flurry of snowflakes!  It was so festive.  I love how the Lord knows what can make these moments so memorable.  It really felt like Christmas.
Our stay was short in NC.  After many wonderful meals, lots of laughter, and special moments with my new niece we had to say good-bye.  We headed back to PA early on the 27th.  The next day I was geared up to do some crazy, quick Christmas shopping.  I really found some great deals.  This might not be a bad idea to do every year!  I shopped till I dropped and was able to buy everything I needed in 4 hours.  I came home and wrapped the gifts in brown paper and newspaper.  I re-used the CHRISTMAS TAGS I had made last year, and I was ready for the kiddos.  They came home from spending a day with dad; we read the Christmas story together, prayed, and then in 10 minutes all that hard work was undone and there were some happy kiddos.
It was a very special Christmas season for our family.
God is so Good!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! But, Tammy, really, you had not gotten your children anything!?! You may have a great idea there. Enjoy Christmas Day with family and friends and open gifts later in the week. HMMMMM...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special Christmas.. Sometimes it is the unplanned that makes the most special times...Love the newspaper wrap....Your home looked great for Christmas.. Have a great Sunday.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I knew a family that always did Christmas a week later every year when their kids were young, just so they could get the good bargains. The kids didn't know the difference in the date and it worked out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos of a wonderful family! What a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks so inviting. Where did you ge the scale ? love it. We enjoyed our time spent with your wonderful family

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.