"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, December 27, 2013

My Rustic Christmas Present

Merry Christmas Everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful day.
I wanted to share with you one of my favorite presents I received for Christmas.
A lady was selling this wooden dough bowl at my sale.  Well, it didn't make it out for display.  I asked hubby if he would buy it for me for Christmas.  I have always wanted one of these.  It does have a crack, but it is not too bad.  I still love its rustic look just the same.  It is such a neat size too.  I could decorate with it in so many ways. 
It makes such a great centerpiece.
Here it is holding a tree on my kitchen table.
I think I really do have a thing with bowls.....

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful gift! The one I have for several years was also a gift from hubby....gifts don't always have to be expensive jewelry, lol! Hope you had a blessed C'mas pretty lady.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used these in my business over the years for huge floral arrangements. If it rocks you can also put 4 little wood knobs on it for feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dough bowl, you are so lucky.
    I received mine from my husbands mother when she passed away. I cherish it.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted one for a few years now, still waiting. Love yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammy, oh what a wonderful gift, so happy for you and thanks for sharing your display. It looks great sporting the tree. I too love the size. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, You were very fortunate to have found such a nice one.
    Happy New Year, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely and the crack actually adds charm to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.