"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Door Prize

 I praise the Lord for a very successful sale again this year.  I really thought I was not going to be ready on time.  When you advertise for certain days, the pressure is really on.  There was just enough variety for all who came through my doors.  On Saturday, I was part of a local Holiday Tour.  We are suppose to have a door prize and some goodies for all who come.

This was my door prize this year.

I took a tin candle holder and painted it with Annie Sloans Old White.  I can't say how much I really like being able to paint on diverse surfaces using this product.  After waxing it with clear and dark wax, I took some faux berries off of a vine I bought and made a little wreath like shape and stuffed it into the bottom of the tin.
I then added some spanish moss and a grungy battery candle.
I tea-dyed a little saying and mod podged it to the base.
Simple yet so prim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.