"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Medieval Look is Not for Me!

Life has been really busy around here.  I have been working on many crafts between homeschooling and church activities.  I just wanted to share with you a little box that I brightened up.  When I got this at a yard sale, it had apples all over it.  I painted in in ASCP Linen.  I then put a graphic and verse on it, but it looked too Medieval for me.  So I sanded down the verse part and painted a layer of black and then a layer of mustard colored milk paint.
Sorry, this is the only before pic I took.
For the finish, I waxed it with clear and dark wax.
I also added a little leather handle to open the box.
This looks so much better than the Medieval look.
I could see recipes stored in here for quick reference.  
Do you still use recipes on cards or are you into the RECIPE.COM lifestyle?

4 comments:

  1. Wow Tammy that is a great re-purposed piece.... I love it! Have a great week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you transformed the box. I use my grandmother's ancient Fanny Farmer's Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it now! I use mostly small cheap books that I bought as a student for my recipes. People have bought me beautiful recipe books, but I like the ones in those old books more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.