"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Recycling Some Water Bottles: Snowman Style

Winter will be here before we know it.  I always like to make some different snowmen for my sale.  This year I bought some Plaster of Paris and thought of a way to make some prim snowmen out of water bottles.
I wrapped some newspaper around the bottles and stuffed the top with some paper to form the head. I taped some faux berry branches to the sides for the arms.  Next I used the Plaster of Paris like a paper mache and quickly applied strips of newspaper all around the bottle.  What a mess!  It hardened very quickly.  After letting it dry for 24 hours or more I painted it white and tea dyed the body. I sewed the hats out of wool and added a little country touch to the rest him.
These little guys are ready for some snow!

9 comments:

  1. They are just so sweet. You have such an amazing creative talent for recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowmen are *my* holiday decoration of choice and if I saw these I would snatch them up so fast!! They are totally darling and what a GREAT recycle project! I'm pinning it if you don't mind... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute, love them! Thanks for sharing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Who would have ever guessed how their little lives began . . . great transformation :)
    You Rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really got good! Sometimes the mess is worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! So adorable!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the cutest little snowmen! Love your blog and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.