"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, September 16, 2013

Here We Go Loopty Loo

Things are moving at a snails pace around here.  School has started, and I am happy if I can just get my laundry done!  Well, today I was determined to start stripping the silver paint off the pieces of this cabinet I found.
Now because I am a penny pincher I was trying not to buy a can of stripper.  I really wanted to paint this cabinet not using chalk paint.  So I found this can at good ole Ollie's.  HOWEVER, it really didn't do the job.

I got out my NEW sander and went to work at just trying to sand the rest of the paint off the cabinet.
Since the cabinet probably has lead paint on it, I knew I should wear a mask.  I didn't have one to wear, so my son said I could wear his gas mask.  It worked...
I am liking the layered paint look.
I can see potential, but since I have different types of boards that I will be using to build the cabinet, I think I may still have to use chalk paint....
We'll see.

9 comments:

  1. I have to know why does your son have a gas mask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen enough of your transformations to know that it is going to be wonderful. It is great to see that you take care of your lungs and eyes. You are one smart and talented young lady.
    Have a remarkably fanatic week,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look mah-velous, Dahling! Why does your son have a gas mask available and you don't have a box of masks around? I spoke too soon - I ran out of masks this weekend and forgot to pick up some. I love the finish now on the cabinet. Too bad you can't use it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has one of those for scraping the paint--he looks like an alien!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you kept a straight face when they took the picture of you with the gas mask on. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice outfit you have for fall, it's a nice change from the usual felt hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How's it coming!?
    I wanted to encourage you to pick up some Citristrip. No gas masks, no protective equipment, you can do it in the house because it has no evil fumes, and if you leave it alone (I go to bed or to work) it'll even suck out the stain from the wood. Paint in big ribbons, stain into BBQ sauce.

    But frankly, in this case, I think the different textures will make this be a very interesting piece! It's got such great, primitive lines.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.