"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Feed Sack Find

So how are projects coming along around here?  They are not.  School is in full swing, and I've had little things like appointments eating up my time here and there.  We had a yard sale this past weekend, and I was praying that I would make enough money to buy a decent sander.  Praise the Lord I did make enough.  When I went to buy my sander, my one son wanted to walk around our local antique mall.  I told him not to let me buy anything.  He didn't listen to me, and I came home with this feed sack.
It was the last of my yard sale money, and I knew it would look great hanging on my ladder.  Do you think $6 was too much?  It is a long one, and it was in such great condition.  
I was going to sell my sled at the yard sale.  I am so glad that there were no takers.  I love the way it looks in the corner of my living room.  
Sometimes I think my home is like a booth in an antiques mall, except my "antiques" aren't worth anything :)  I do have fun decorating with old things.
I also came home with some ideas to build some things.  I just need to find some free time to make them.  Now where can I find that ?

5 comments:

  1. Great price for your feed sack and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your find and no it was not too much to pay. I have been wanting to find an old sled . . . good thing I didn't come to your yard sale :)
    You have a wonderful sense of style and your home is beautiful. When you find the secret of finding more time, please, please, please share it with us.
    Thank a lovely weekend.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that, your son deserves a reward for that find, I think!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a good price. I love your house !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You stole that feed sack - they go for double or more here. Your son has a good eye! Love the way you styled the ladder and the sled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.