"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall

FALL IS HERE!
Cool cozy days.
Campfires, Hayrides & Smores....
This is our small harvest of potatoes.  Back in the spring we thought we'd take a chance at trying to grow our own potatoes from three red potatoes.  We sliced them up and voila! over 40 red potatoes!  We're excited!  I guess they are organic since we didn't spray them with anything.?.?.?  It was a fun thing for our kiddos.

6 comments:

  1. My granny used to let us plant the eyes from potatoes, and then we would be surprised in the fall when we raked up lots of potatoes. More than food, you made your children memories that will last a life time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to dig ours up. Your's did wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is this!!! I bet they taste very fresh when you use them. I like red potatoes for roasted potatoes with some olive oil and some herbs that I cut fresh with salt and pepper. Very yummy.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!!! You did get alot! Now you know you can plant potatoes again next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! It must be fun to dig for your own potatoes. I have tomatoes in my garden, but for the first year, they are still green in September. Don't know if they'll ever get red!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.