"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Thursday, August 15, 2013

What a Find!

We have not yet started school this year, which is late for me.  I have yet to purchase all of the school books.  I hope to do this Monday and hopefully start school at the beginning of September.  The kiddos are loving it.  I am loving this fall-like weather we have had for the past two weeks.  I am trying to get a jump on some of my roadside finds.  
I found this end table recently.  This is a pic of it after I cleaned it and my son sanded it.  I actually had started to stain the top when I took this pic.
End tables like these sell at our Amish markets for no less than $125.00.
I stained the top with dark walnut.  I also used Clear and Jacobean wax on the top.
I painted the bottom in Annie Sloan's French Linen and then waxed it with clear and dark wax.
This one is a keeper.  It is going in hubby's office.  
He also wants me to paint the other wing chair in French Linen.
I painted a swatch to see if he would like it.  He would rather me paint the chair than reupholster it.  
Hmmm..... This will be interesting.

9 comments:

  1. That table is so classic - love the simple, clean lines. Great choices of stain and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new find. Do you mean you are painting the fabric with calk paint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds I really like the color of the top. You did a great job on the painting too. I have heard that chalk paint on fabric works well. Good luck!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschön geworden...
    Liebe Grüße
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table turned out great and I can't wait to see how the chair turns out! :)

    Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos
    http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lines of that little table. Can't wait to see that next project...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an end table! I love it.
    I was going to tell you I have that same thing, but mine is definitely a former school desk. It's got Sue + John type things carved into it all over.
    However, I use it for [wait for it] and END TABLE!
    It's minus its drawer, but I can make that easy.

    I really like how yours is finished. I've hesitated because I didn't want to lose its school character. I'm rethinking now...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.