"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Dollar Table

I got this part of a table at a yard sale for $1.  I had plans to make a little seat.
However a friend gave me a shadow box that I didn't think I would really use as it was.  I wish I would have taken a pic of it before my son demolished it, but I was think I would just use these pieces from the box for signs.  Then I laid them on my "seat" and decided that it would make a better end table top.
I really wanted to keep this project.  I have been using a crate as an end table, and I thought this would look great in my living room.  
I nailed it, added a verse, and stained and waxed the top.
I chose this verse because the table is next to the chair where I enjoy my quiet time with my Lord.
Wow!  Not too bad for $1!
Try not to overlook all that garbage that people are throwing away.  
That garbage may be ready for a new life!

8 comments:

  1. Cant get a better deal than that, it looks great.

    Lisa

    Creative Raisins

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Tammy - what a transformation - love the verse!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! The wood grain on that oak top is gorgeous, and the verse perfect for the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a dollar well spent! You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.