"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Growin' Corn in the "Big City"

I have a few friends that live in the country here in PA.  Two of those friends would always tease me about living in the 'Big City' even though I live in a small town of about 4,000 people.  This year in my front flower garden, I got quite the surprise when I noticed I was growing some corn.  Now I can't take credit for growing this one stalk of corn.  I am afraid I have to thank a neighborhood squirrel.  He had a grand time last fall hauling a corn cob around our neighborhood.  I do believe this is some fruit from his labor.  My neighbor has a stalk growing in her flower garden too :)
I am loving the front flower garden with all the butterflies it brings to our home!
 We are in the middle of our VBS program @ church.  Praising the Lord for 5 souls that were saved so far!  Two of those were parents.  They now know that if they were to die today, they would have a home in heaven! 

5 comments:

  1. What an unexpected planting:) Your flowers are looking beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news from your VBS. I went as a child (no parents went to church) to a neigborhood Baptist Church Sunday School and VBS. I gave my heart to Jesus. After I grew up I graduated from Bible College and hubby and I spent over 30 years in ministry. VBS is wonderful for children. I learned the Lord's prayer and 23rd Psalm in VBS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, praying many more get saved. :) I like to see the butterflies flying around the butterfly bush too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute Tammy...I have two pretty flowers in my garden that I didn't plant...I thank the birds for dropping the seeds in the right place! Isn't it wonderful having them to help out...
    Lovingly,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You enslaved the squirrel! How clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.