"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Personalizing Makes it Special

I have missed doing small projects around the house.
It was a little refreshing being able to start and finish a project so quickly.

I had this cardboard box that I got at a yard sale.
I no longer had a need for it, so I asked my youngest if he would like it.
So I painted it with Annie Sloan's Old White.
He said he wanted it for his stamp collection.
 So we picked a graphic from the Graphics Fairy.
He has a collection of postcards too, so we thought we'd use that for the side of the box.
I just used a font from 'Word' on my computer to make the word 'Stamps' on the lid.  I transferred it using the charcoal method of coloring on the back and tracing it onto the project.
I made sure to center the word 'Stamps' on the lid.
I then painted over the charcoal lines with my Sharpie Marker 
and stained the box with Dark Walnut color stain.
I think it looks great on his desk.

7 comments:

  1. You needed a small project after the kitchen redo. This stamp box looks great on his desk. The charcoal does not stain the painted surface?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project and good that it could be reused. I like instant gratification too. Hate a project to drag on for days:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Tammy...your smaller project are always soo lovely! I love it...
    Hugs,
    Kitty & Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the box looks just perfect. I am enjoying all your creativity. I have wanted to paint my kitchen cupboards for so long and reading your kitchen remodel posts have given me the boost to go for it. Thanks! Blessings! Lara

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing transformation...you did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tammy. I love those little boxes. They are so handy for so many things and fun to decorate. I've been trying to link up today with the party. Even though it says you posted 23 hours ago, it just comes up as a blank page. Is it me or have you heard from anyone else?..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.