"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's Hereditary!

All of my readers know that I have been busy this winter painting my kitchen.
I am very close to being finished.  We are waiting on a friend to give us the okay to put in two bottom cabinets and the counter top.  Recently I left the kiddos for 5 minutes to go get gas in our van.
When I came home, I was greeted at the door by my oldest son.
He was expressing his apologies right away and letting me know he didn't try it.
"Try what?", I asked.  
"I didn't try to bring down the trim when I hung on it to look out the window at what Harrison was hitting with the shovel.  I tried to hang it back up but it wouldn't stay," he replied.  " 
When I walked into my kitchen, this is what I saw.
Well, at least I know that some previous owner wallpapered the kitchen at one time, and this is the wallpaper they used.  I tried not to laugh.  Kids always do stuff without thinking things through, and I knew my hubby could relate.  I think I was really thinking about how much he reminded me of his dad :)

4 comments:

  1. You will have to frame that piece of wallpaper, think of a clever sentence or two, and frame it. I am still wondering what Harrison was hitting with the shovel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops ! is right. Wilson + Dan + Fran = trouble !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it that you could be so calm.. I must say when my kids were growing up I sometimes responded to situations to rashly...Keep that good attitude...Memories...The wallpaper framed will always be a reminder of the day the trim came down...lol..Enjoy your family while you can. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I didn't try to do it" breaks me up! I'm also wondering what was getting bashed with a shovel. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...