"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Small Projects = Big Satisfaction

I love days where we can get some small and much needed projects done around the home.
Today was one of those days.
The one sconce in our one and only bathroom died on us months ago.
The wiring inside the sconce was no good.
Half the room was dark as you can see in this photo that I shared on FB the other Sunday.
(I thought the scene reminded me of a Norman Rockwell painting.)
We went to purchase one that was identical to this one, and of course they didn't have one.
We ended up buying new ones that were not silver.
I really thought about getting the real cheap ones and painting them, but I was afraid that I would do all that work and the wiring would go bad in them all too soon too.
Hubby made sure the electric was off before he started.
(I put that in there for my Mother-in-Law)
=)
Within minutes we had bright light again in our bathroom!
I do like the look of these.
They have an old street lamp feel.
(Maybe I should have used them outside..hmm???)

Unfortunately we have silver towel racks in the bathroom that don't match.
I am guessing that if I really want to, I can paint them to match the new sconces.

We'll see.
I'm still plugging away at the kitchen.
We finally put on the switch plates that needed cut because of how the paneling and the trim meet in the kitchen.
All those little things add up, and I am one that really gets bothered to leave projects half done for days or months at a time.
I'll be giving an update on the kitchen in my next post.

10 comments:

  1. I love your new sconces, they look really nice with our medicine cabinet.
    Your picture of the boys does look like a Norman Rockwell picture. Lol
    Cheers
    Tammy
    threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light fittings . . . wonderful
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new sconces, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new lights look great and they can be turned either way, if you tire of them with the light shining up you could undo the screws and rotate them to make the light shine down. Perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do think that photo looks very Norman Rockwell-ish! So glad you now have lighting!And I love your choice perfect with you mirror too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lights! I don't think the silver fixtures look bad with them! Love the medicine cabinet. The moulding looks gorgeous!

    That picture looks exactly like a Rockwell! That would be an adorable in a bathroom! Black frame, old fashioned, classic feel! You could take the actual picture and photoshop it and give it more of a drawn feel! Aww so awesome!

    Blessings and hugs!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are really nice...black and silver are pretty together, but I suppose it is according to taste...Very nice post!

    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture is great! Love the new sconces!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...