"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Chance to Decorate a Mantle

If you know me, you may know that I would love to have a fireplace with a mantle in our next home.  
If there is a next home :)
The Lord provided land for our church, and on that land is this neat old home.
The home needs A LOT of work, but it has some great character.
Our Pastor wanted to have a victory celebration for what the Lord has done with giving us this property.  We were going to set up tables all throughout the empty home to eat in before we had our celebration service in the heated tent outside.  Pastor had asked me if I wanted to bring some of my craft things to help make the big empty house homey.
I decided to empty out some of my decorations in my home.
My goal was to decorate the mantles in the rooms.
I didn't realize that there was only one mantle that I could really decorate.  
The other mantle had some media stuff on it for a video presentation.

It was a bit overwhelming. 
 So I decided to just focus on two rooms.  
One had built in book shelves that we could place decorations on.  I really wasn't able to get pics of the little corners.
I did have a lady ask if she could buy all the decor on that table.
I loved the big landing in the middle of the stairway.
 I thought it perfect for a child's chair and mini quilt with a doll.
Finally here is the mantel I got to decorate.
I grabbed an old window and quickly tied a rusty star to it before I left my home.
It was perfect. 
I also hung two of the pallet signs above door ways, but I don't have pics of them.
It was so fun!
What a great and memorable day!  There are so many things that the Lord did in the whole process of purchasing this land.  When the Lord says go He means it, and He'll make it work.
It is so amazing to see the Lord work in ways that we don't expect.
I am learning to walk by faith and not by sight.
II Corinthians 5:7

6 comments:

  1. What a fun time for you Tammy, getting to decorate with things you love. Great idea the Pastor had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the older home. What is the church going to use the Home For? I hope they plan on keeping it. You did a great job decorating. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made that empty, old house look welcoming and warm! I believe you could take a gas station rest room and make everyone think it is lovely. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Blessing for you and your church! You did an amazing job and it all looks welcoming and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet post. Hope they do something amazing with the old house :)
    Happy Monday!!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. it would make a great missionary home ! by the way I'm still considered a missionary. Just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...