"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, October 22, 2012

Felt Appliqued Snowmen

It feels so relaxing to take a break from hurting myself with tools while working on wood projects
 to sew again.
I decided to make some felt appliqued snowmen for my sale.
I don't use a pattern; I just make one up as I cut.
After positioning the pieces the way I want them, I start sewing the bottom piece first--
using the blanket stitch.
The scarves are layered too.
After all the pieces are appliqued onto the background,
I add the details with floss.
It's so amazing how it all comes together.
I love that blanket stitch!

Since I don't use a pattern, they are not exactly the same.
There ya go.
Hand-stitched in America :)
I'll show you the finished products in a future post.

10 comments:

  1. I love it, you are so talented. Nice to see some Winter themed items cropping up. I so want to sit and had quilt, but just can't find the time. It sounds so relaxing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just in the last year discovered the joy of wool applique. I don't use a pattern either - I find it easier to cut than to draw. Your snowmen are darling. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salmagundi again! I had to laugh at your comment about being allowed to take the towel rack. I didn't even consider at the time that I might be taking someone else's property - I knew that that towel rack really belonged to me. In my defense, the owner was a friend of my father's, and I'm sure they discussed it at a later time! Hope no one comes to get me at this late date. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that ~ you did such a good job. I love the blanket stitch, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love folk art, this is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your felt snowman, Tammy. I do a little blanket stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Hmmm, maybe I'll try something like this too. Hand-stitched in Belgium :-)

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your snowmen. DON'T LET KATIE SEE THEM SHE MIGHT TALK YOU OUT OF ONE :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented I love it !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...