"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Two Small Pallet Magazine Racks

I know this is not an original idea, but when I saw that I had a pallet that would work to make a book/magazine rack; I had to try it.
Hubby cut the pallet for me with the circular saw.  I wanted to make two small racks vs. one long rack.
I took a small pallet board and nailed it to the pallet piece that he cut for the bottom part of the rack.
Now I was ready for some wording.
Farm seed seems to be a thing with me right now.  I used Microsoft Word 2010 and typed out my saying.
This is the Engravers MT font.  I just made the letters different sizes.
I colored on the back with some charcoal pencil and then traced over the lettering.
I also added a little metal plate to the middle of the wording.
Using my Sharpie Marker, I colored painted in the letters.
I have two sizes.
With my thrift shop leather belt, I cut out some leather straps to add to the racks.
I nailed the straps to the sides.
Don't you just love how the leather looks next to the weathered wood?  I do :)
I did brush on some walnut colored stain to the rack where the boards were freshly cut to "age" it.
So here they are! 
 The word 'Organic' is done in Microsoft Word 2010's Bodoni MT Condensed font.

These will be sold at my sale this November too.
I love pallet wood!

9 comments:

  1. They really turned out nice! Keep em coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both make a great team! I love your magazine racks.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with this Tammy. Such creative ideas you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out great! Love that belt strap too!And I need to try that sharpie paint!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful, tammy! love your lettering and the cute leather loops:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! I'm going to try your belt strap idea one of the days.
    I have a pallet in my garage, one of these days I'm going to do something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I made pallet shelves a while back and like you, the finished product was not my original idea. They were much too big to hang on my plaster walls! I use mine for picture frames and small items.

    I LOVE the stencil on yours, what a great idea! I think I will be making some updates to mine soon ;-)

    Thanks for sharing!

    http://betelou.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/not-so-vintage-picture-frame/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this project and they turned out great. I just discovered your blog and am following via Linky. I hope you give Cloches and Lavender a chance and follow via Linky.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...