"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sons of Liberty Cheese Box

I am in my Primitive mode when it comes to these cheese box makeovers.
I found another cheese box.  This one I found at a yard sale.
I loved the size of it.  It is a shorter box than the other two that I have.
I thought this one would be perfect for barnyard red.
I used Folk Art craft paint's Barnyard Red.
I chose once again not to paint the entire box so that the stain would show through and give it an aged look.
I also had painted this little sign Eggs sign, but it was not proportioned correctly.
I knew I needed to paint over it.
So that is what I did.
Here they are ready to receive some lettering.
I wanted to show you how you might have to line up the lettering if you make it bigger than your paper.
Sometimes this can be so tricky.
I was measuring between letters to see how close I should put the "r" and the "t".
I measured at the spot where the letters stuck out the most--not from the bottom of the letters.
I used the chalk method to transfer my lettering.
Going with my 1776 theme, I chose "Sons of Liberty" and the word "Liberty".
I like using two different fonts in one saying.
Now for some Dark Walnut stain.
I am not sure why some places didn't soak up the stain.
I stained the inside of the box as well.
The edging got some stars.

They go great with the Midnight Blue America box!

9 comments:

  1. Very nice...I love the color choice! Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy: I really like this project. I can't tell you how many times I used that Barnyard Red paint when I was in my primitive mood. I still love the look and kind of wish I had kept going with it. Very sharp looking..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! The colors, the lettering and those little stars all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did those up!!

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, this old cheese box is so neat. I love what you did with it. The saying and the stars looks very patriotic.
    I got my egg sign up in my kitchen. I will get it posted soon. It looks so great. Thanks again for your generosity.
    Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing! I already cannot wait for your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...