"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, August 13, 2012

Cheesy

I bought this cheese box at a local market.
I have been in a little Americana mood lately, so you might be seeing a couple more patriotic posts.
I painted the box with midnight blue acrylic craft paint.
I didn't cover the whole box, because I wanted the wood to come through when I stained it.
After painting, I added some lettering to the box and lid using the chalk method.
I then colored painted in the letters using my white Elmer's paint marker that I bought at Walmart.
I painted the stars free-hand.
Here is what the box looked like before staining it with Minwax's Dark Walnut stain.
This is the finished product.
I stained the inside and outside of the whole box.
Here you can kind of see where the wood came through.
It is hard to see because the blue is so dark.
I love it.
I think I will do one in barnyard red too.

8 comments:

  1. Very cute:) You are one talented chick. Wish I lived closer so I could shop at your Christmas event:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are talented. Love anything with an Americana theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you would move your craft show up to September, maybe? Just wishing! Another wonderful piece of your creativity Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it- great lettering! : o )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I have one I have been thinkin about putting chalkboard on the top. You did a an awesome job!! Thanks for sharing!! XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!You are very crafty! My DIL works in a deli and brings those cheeseboxes home for me I love them! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Tammy, you need to do a dozen of these in the blue & red. They will sell like hotcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I have a cheese box that I haven't decided what to do with yet and this is great inspiration! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...