"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Painting an Americana Box

I had so much fun with this box!
A friend gave me the box and thought I could paint it up.
I love boxes!
I sanded the Bread sign off.
It was mod podged onto the box, and I wanted a smooth surface.
I then painted a coat of Annie Sloans Old White all over the outside of the box and on the outside of the lid.
All I could think of was Americana!
Americana it was!
I painted over the Old White with acrylic paints.
I used Midnight Blue and Barnyard Red.
I allowed the Old White to stay where the stripes are and on the knob.
I copied some sayings off the computer and transferred it using white chalk and a white paint marker like I did  HERE.
I loved distressing this piece.
It seemed like the more I sanded the"older" it got.
I then brushed on Minwax's Dark Walnut stain on the inside and outside of the box.
Just look how that stain antiqued the box!

So worn and old looking....

I love Americana!

8 comments:

  1. That really turned out fabulous! I have yet to try that white chalk method, but I plan to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that box!!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy this is such great idea it really look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation! That is absolutely adorable!! Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, great job Tammy! It looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the distressed look, tammy! it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy that looks so coool!!! I love how the stain aged the finish. Nice job! Dee from My Painted Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is absolutely beautiful!!!!! I think it is one of your nicest pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...