"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Making my Own Storage Box


Okay, Photobucket made some major changes, and I was not liking it today.
 I am finally getting the hang of editing my pictures in a whole new way.
One thing I do like is that they have the font (Mountain Christmas) that I used in my header.
It is funny how computer things seem to change so quickly. Blogger changed on me, FB changed on me, and now Photobucket changed on me.  Little do they know that I am happy to just stay the same forever.

Enough rambling!

Now on with my "exciting" project.
It is exciting to me because I spent zero $$$$.

The dilemma I had was this big storage area I made when I put the top on my dresser.
You can see that post Here.

I had been looking for the right size storage basket and the right price.
I was finding neither.


I am so glad that I save boxes for no reason :)

I was exercising in the basement and noticed this box.
it measured 12.5x12.5x8.
I knew I would have to cut the top, but the width and length were perfect!


I cut the flaps off and some of the top of the edge.


I had a brown T-shirt that was stretchy, and I cut and sewed it to look like a Big plus sign.
I sewed the edges together to form a cube like bag and slipped the finished bag over the box like a slipcover.
I then went back to my 90's crafting where I covered photo albums with material using my hot glue gun.
So with my hot glue gun, I pulled and attached the "t-shirt" bag to the box.


  I covered the flaps that I had cut off earlier with some linen material--using hot glue.  
I then hot glued them to the inside of the box for a liner.


It is perfect!
I tied a linen bow around the box, and I use that as my handle.


I couldn't have found a better fit for my dresser in the stores--Trust me I searched and searched.


This was one little project that made a huge difference.


Linking Up With:


Tip Junkie handmade projects

7 comments:

  1. Very creative...wonderful that it cost zero $$$!!! What's next? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! It looks great :)
    Have you tried PicMonkey yet? It's easy and free....give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kind of creativity! I'm now having problems finding a basket for a table and I've already decided I'll be using a box for that project. I luv when I can save $$$. I'm now a follower, thanks so much for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I may have to copy that idea using some black and white contact paper that I bought and will match my spare room. I'm your newest follower. I hope you will follow me back at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting on my canister makeover.

    Great job on coming up with the box and how you dressed it up. It looks amazing! And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who saves boxes for no apparent reason. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks sooo good! I'll be honest, I laughed twice while reading this because I also never throw away a good box (drives my husband crazy) and I also made those fabric covered photo albums, lol!
    Thanks for sharing this project, it's really a brilliant idea.
    -Molly
    www.justalittlecreativity.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great thinking outside the "box"...sorry couldn't resist!
    This really is a great idea and looks perfect!
    Following ya back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...