"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Pretty Gal


Here is another great piece of furniture that was given to me.
The only problem was that she was missing a pull on the door.

Isn't she lovely next to the Woods Purple!


 I decided to make my own pull for her out of one of Bessy's pink beads and wire.


This is what it looked like before I applied three coats of Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.


This is after I painted, waxed, and buffed it.


I painted the cabinet with ASCP.
I used Paris Grey for the whole cabinet and highlighted her with Old White.
I applied clear wax, distressed her with my sand block, and then antiqued her with the dark wax.

Here she is!


I truly love the look of the wood coming through the paint.


Here is  another look at her before and after.


Thanks Lori!


Linking Up With:

Photobucket







Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

  1. Great job I love the combination of colors used, the dark wax is also a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!! And next to that aster? So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out beautifully, Lori...a wonderful transformation! Hopped over from Knick of Time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a difference that paint makes. That is why I am addicted to transforming thrifty pieces with paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I have the exact same cabinet, which I painted white a year or two ago. I like it in the gray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply Beautiful!

    I love the transformation, you did a great job.

    Thanks for stopping by and linking up ; )

    www.ShadesofAmberInc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!!!! What a difference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the transformation. You did a really nice job on this. The sweet little pull is a cute addition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice transformation... I definitely like your after version! Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it and the pull
    Is such a great idea ,I'd love to feature it,please let me know if this would be ok with you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...