"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chalkboards and Chicken Wire


I have been playing around with some chalkboard paint and some chicken wire.
I have greatly enjoyed chalkboard paint.
I was also ecstatic when I found it at Wal-Mart for $9.98!
I checked all the hardware stores, and I found that they were all about $14 and up.
This post is just going to be a lot of pictures of the projects I have been working on. 


I have before and after pics of some of the projects.

I picked this shelf up at a yard sale for 25 cents.


I wish I had a before of this shadow box.
I Hubby took off the decorative heart piece at the top and replaced it with a board.
I tore out two shelf layers of shadow box space to have the big chalkboard space.
I also transferred this lettering and used my sharpie paint marker to write the saying.
I painted it with a Valspar sample--the sample is the paint I recently used to paint my walls.  I also stained it with Min-Wax's Walnut stain.


Here is a telephone desk I found along side the road.
It was out for trash!
I painted and recovered it, but didn't like my makeover.
I like this makeover better using Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint of course.


Now for the chicken wire.
I am such a saver of junk--sometimes. :)
We found a roll of chicken wire out for trash back in 2002.
It had been sitting in my garage for years.
I was inspired by a blog on one of the linky parties to try and make a basket.  
This is what I came up with:

Small ones about 4"x 9" with chalkboard tags
and Large ones about 8"x14" too:)

My final project is a frame I got for free at a yard sale.
It as my first ASCP project.
I added the chicken wire, and now I can clip pictures or cards to it.


What have you been working on?
Has anyone worked with chicken wire before?
My hands are all scratched up:(

Linking Up With:

Knick of Time Tuesday


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special



Keeping It Simple

11 comments:

  1. Love the chicken wire baskets, they are adorable. I want some:) I also like how the old phone desk has a chalkboard portion, great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been playing with my chalkboard paint a lot! Every time my husband sees me painting something with it, he raises his eyebrows and says "Oh, *another* one?" It's just so fun to see something become useful, right?
    I also LOVE your chicken wire baskets..so cute! Your scratches are definitely worth it, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your makeovers. I've been dabbling with the chalkboard paint also. I Love your chicken wire baskets. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! You are so clever with your makeovers! I am also covering over a heart shelf as an update, it's getting painted right now along with some other small paint projects. I like the quick ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've been busy!!! :) Yay!!! Now I gotta get back to work, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these!

    This weekend I picked up chicken wire at the farm store to use on some frames that are going to get painted and slicked up this week.

    Thank you for sharing.

    gertie

    www.theoldblockhouse.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some really great projects...it will make me look at things in a new way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been a busy girl! But what fun you've been having! I LUV chalkboard paint and ASCP, too, and can't imagine my life w/out it! lol! Would you share how you made those chix wire baskets...? I'd love to try my hand at some! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Love the before and afters! I also love playing with chalkboard paint-thanks for following ReMadeSimple-I am now following you and look forward to what you'll make next!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to tell you how much I like your site. You have made some really neat things. I wish you were my neighbor. I to am a crafter & am always looking for things to make from nothing. I love the items you made from the pallets, you have given me some new ideas. Thanks for doing what you do!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...