"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gardening... a Family Affair

It was such a cozy morning.  
The Kids and I were taking a break from school.
It started out with Harrison hoeing our little veggie garden--pulling up the weeds.


Look, we have more than one pepper and cucumber now!


The kiddos really enjoy taking care of the garden.

I went out to view the damage on my flower gardens from the hurricane winds.  My hubby had already cleaned up the big branches that fell and mowed the lawn.
I started pulling weeds in the lower garden.
Bessy started clipping flowers off of my Black-eyed Susans that were practically lying on the ground.


Harrison started raking. 
Miles started weeding the other gardens, and Bessy joined him.


Wilson started watering.


Miles informed me that they needed to buy me a pair of boots.
I seem to really enjoy "me ole flip-flops...Thank you!"

I went out to the front garden to weed and couldn't believe how much my new Butterfly bush has grown.  I almost lost both Butterfly bushes from the Hurricane winds.  They were almost lying down on the ground with the roots out.  I fixed them and hopefully they will be fine.
Here it is in May when I planted it:


Here it is today:


I am not the only one enjoying it.
Here is Mr. Bee lovin' the bloom.


My other flowers must have really enjoyed the rain that "Irene" brought us.


There are signs of Fall popping up in my gardens.
The Sedum is starting to color.
My Woods purple are bloomin'


My Fall Clematis is starting to bloom.


Yesterday. the kiddos and I partook of our first harvest--our ONE pepper :)
We joked around about how starved we would be if we were waiting to eat only out of our veggie garden.



Okay, I have always wanted to have a porch full of potted plants.  I have never been able to keep them alive in pots.  I moved this plant to the back porch because I thought it was dead--it really was brown.  My kiddos were playing Crochet one day and the ball flew (Thanks Gramcracker for teaching them how to "send"  :) ) and broke the pot; however, my plant has thrived without a secure pot!


Go Figure!

God Still uses Broken Vessels!

Linking up with:

Cottage Flora Thursday

Hip Homeschool Hop Button

5 comments:

  1. HI TAMMY THE GARDEN ARE GREAT! I HAVE A LITTLE ONE BUT WE GOING TO TAKE ALL THE GRASS AND JUST GET THE FLOOR MADE..SO IT LOOKS LITTLE BIGGER..STILL I CAN HANG SOME PLANTS AND PLANT SOME SEEDS..AND MAKE IT CUTE..I MEAN WHEN WE HAVE NICE WEATHER..GOD BLESS YOU FRIEND

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the "pot" It looks like you enjoyed your pepper. Maybe next year you should put chicken wire around the garden to keep those cute rabbits out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers! You have good helpers there. :) I'm glad the butterfly bushes are still living. The pepper looked good. You should have made a western omelet with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy September looks like both of our Clematis are blooming don't you just love it...
    hugs from Savannah, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden pictures are lovely! The pepper is amazing! I love the boots- I have been wanting a pair myself! You are right, God is amazing! Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...