"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Painting Letters

I still have some more projects that I want to paint in Bessy's room.
I recently painted her little treasure trunk.
here it is before.  When she was younger I painted it a barn red.
Now she wanted white with purple and green.


She wanted her name on it.  I am not a good painter so painting letters freehand was not going to work.  I don't own a Silhouette or a Cricut either.
My only choice was to do something I saw my friend do on her blog with lettering.

I asked Bessy to pic her favorite font.  
She picked this:


I then scribbled on the back of the letters with pencil like this:


After I scribbled, I traced around the letters on the trunk where she wanted her name to be.
This is what it looked like after I traced it:


It is so important to have the right tools.  I know this painting would have gone smoother had I had the right paint brush.  When I attempt this again, I am going to purchase the right paint brush for sure.
Here is the final product:





Weekend Bloggy Reading
























19 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment on my chalk paint post! I think you'll love it if you try it, although this looks AMAZING!! I love the font/letters idea!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really nice! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That is SO pretty!! :-) Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE!!

    Thanks for linking to my Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party!

    If you haven't yet, I would love for you to enter our giveaway going on now:

    http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/05/sun-hat-and-headband-giveaway.html

    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! The chest looks great and what a great idea for the letter transferring I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chest is beautiful! Looking forward to looking around and becoming your newest follower. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tammy,
    I finally made it over to see you. Nice transformation. Yes, the right tools will save you a lot of time. Turned out great though. Thanks for visiting and following me. Following back.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I am impressed you did that without the help of a machine--great job! I love the color of the trunk!

    Thanks for following me! I am your newest follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! Thank you so much for linking up to "It's a Party"! I'm following you now and can't wait for you to "Wow" me some more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! I like it! Thanks for visiting me.
    Have a blessed day,
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammy, I love your daughter's chest! You did a fantastic job here, right brush or not! Thanks so much for sharing this at Miss Mustard Seed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feature you today at The Ivy Cottage Blog! Thanks for linking up!
    -Amanda
    http://theivycottageblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/thank-you-to-everyone-who-linked-up-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaawww,, your Bethany must be thrilled with this! Beautifully redone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. saw you at the ivy cottage love the job you did on the chest. and im your newest follower cant wait to see your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out beautifully! The lettering is lovely.
    Thanks for your kind comment at Red Hen Home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this!! Thanks for the info - I do not own a cricut either and was contmeplating how to do some projects - great info!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so great!

    Just wanted to let you know I featured this today!! Stop by and grab a button, if you'd like.

    http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/06/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party.html

    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a good idea...it came out great!!!ps I love all of your black and white photos...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just discovered you-I'm still new to all this blogging stuff-and I love your ideas and tutorials. You said your brush wasnt the best for this job, is there a type you recommend? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...