"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Another Simple Pleasure

Today before lunch my oldest son and I sat out on our front porch.  The sun was shining, and I just couldn't sit inside any longer.  I grabbed my coat, coffee, and a pillow to sit on.  My son grabbed his coat, hot chocolate, pillow, and his Hardy Boys book.
I asked him to please read to me.  He did it with great joy so it seemed.
As I was sitting there listening to him read, I was remembering back to his first grade year.  I remember having to listen to him read to me.  He wasn't a bad reader; he was just hard to listen to because he would stop in the middle of a sentence to look at the pictures in the book.  Pictures were a great distraction to him.  I remember having to put my hand over the picture just so he would finish reading the sentences.
I loved remembering back and now listening to what a great reader he is.  Then I thought, "WOW, I taught him how to read!"  
Homeschooling has its ups and downs.  Today was an "UP"
:)

2 comments:

  1. I Love the picture of Wilson. And yes it is an awesome feeling to know you had the pleasure of teaching him

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the opportunity of working with a learning-disabled child and would sit and read with him in the classroom. One day he read with absolutely no trouble! The teachers were shocked and I was so happy!

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...