"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Monday, October 18, 2010

Landis Valley Field Trip



We finally made it to Landis Valley for a field trip.  I really wanted to go on one of their special days, but we were unable to make it.  When we paid to get in, it was cheaper for us to get a year's pass.  Now I can't wait to go back for Christmas and special events.


The people in the buildings were very detailed and talkative. 



 The tin lady gave my kids a hint on how to make some decorations.  


The wool lady was very detailed in explaining the process of taking a flax plant and breaking it down to linen. 


The gun smith explained how the first long rifles were made in Lancaster, Pa.  When Daniel Boone moved to Kentucky, they became known as the Kentucky Long Rifle.  We were able to see a lady making cottage cheese--not detailed though.  


There was a lady making lace.  That was really neat.

I love the old country, primitive decor.  The crafts I make lean to the grubby primitive look.  My favorite thing to look at Landis Valley is the homes.  The wide plank floors, the things they used in the home, and the colors--lots of browns;)


 As much as I love the Primitive look, I am so thankful for being able to live with the modern conveniences of our day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...